Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So many things to think about in life - the war, the gulf coast disaster, business of my own life, being part of friendships, and my relationship with Christ. Whew! When I think of the war, I think of my son and other mother's children. I guess I feel fear, more than think. A woman down the street, her son, who just turned 21, leaves for Iraq the end of the month. Her fear reflects like sweat, casting itself all around her. My heart goes out to her. My son was in dessert storm, so, I know.

Then the gulf coast disaster. I can not even claim to know what the people directly affected are feeling. To lose everything and then not even knowing if their children are okay or their mothers, fathers, friends, etc...a lonely emptiness those not affect could ever understand. I want to help and do what I can, but seems so little...a helplessness I dispise.

My own life - a good life, full of riches money can not buy - friends. I have my garden and overall, my family is healthy. I really have little cares, which brings much guilt, when I put that in prospective of so many in the world. How does the heart find comfort from such inner unrest. I am blessed, yet know not the inner rest.

No comments: