Friday, October 21, 2005

I just returned from 5 days in the hospital. When I went in, I asked a friend of mine to notify my friends that I won an all expense prize vacation. What follows is the e-letter she sent out that day, and the e-letter I sent out today to notify I was back from vacation.

Hi all,

Lois asked me to let you know that she got a surprise visit from Ed McMahon at her door yesterday > morning. Lucky her....she received the prize! A fully paid vacation for an undetermined number of days and nights...including food and lodging at the > beautiful spa and resort.... otherwise known as the Holyoke Hospital. She went in with some chest pains and other symptoms and they are keeping her for testing as they have not yet been able to discover the problem.

Hi all,

NOT all too soon, my prize vacation has ended. The prizes included a twenty-four hour heart monitor, all the pills one could fit into a small cup, salt free-diet, of which I lost nine pounds, 4 sleepless nights filled with buzzers, bells, and the sounds of distant vomiting. If I see the prize patrol coming down the street, I will take an immediate vacation of which I will pay all my own expenses on a cruise of my own choice!!!!

I hope this makes someout out there smile :)

No comments: