Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Well, tonight has been a difficult evening for me. One problem which really blew me away was that when I picked up my hospitalization record, I found that much which happened was unlogged. Thus, the results would appear I went to the hospital with stress or anxiety. This send me tumbling over my mind, like tripping over a rock one never saw - out of control. I was angry, I was hurt, and I felt violated. I have an appointment with another doctor on Friday and he was to review my chart and help me perhaps set a path for some treatments. But now, I just feel the sanerio I have been through time times time before will jump to the forefront again - must be mental health issues. Now I was no mathematical wiz, but I knew my times table inside out, and that would mean getting some help for possible physical problems is going to become astronomically difficult in a world blinded by time divided by time. Yes, some of my MH issues triggered me to react badly tonight, after I had read the paperwork. I was hurt and angry and acted less than mature. I am saddened by that reality, saddened that handling things in a dignified manner is still something I must find a way to grasp. Well, maybe I will grow up tomorrow or the next day and not let these things get to me, or maybe I just won't.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am increasingly amazed at how the medical field can be so insensitive to people and their needs. You have truly opened my eyes to the fate of some people...especially those who unlike you are able to talk to others and find support. I have come to believe that it is up to all of us to advocate for EVERY group of people who are unable to advocate for themselves...whatever the reason, sexuality, mental health issues, race, class... We must stop this awful dehumanization of people! May God begin with me!